Thursday, October 16, 2008

AM 1150 Radio Questionaire Answers

2) A bio for use on our website.

My name is Michele Rule and it has been my pleasure to serve as city councillor for the City of Kelowna over the past three years. I have lived in Kelowna all my life and am currently located in the North Glenmore area with my two sons, Justin, aged 15 and Thomas, aged 8. I am an Okanagan College Alumni and have a Bachelor's Degree in Canadian literature and Canadian history from the University of Victoria. In the past I have been active on civic, school, environmental, arts and social committees. I have my own consulting firm working with non-profits in the areas of media and marketing.
Over the past three years I have served on twelve council committees including the Community Heritage Commission, the Kelowna Arts Foundation, the Affordable Housing Task Force, the Community Housing Committee, the Women's Advisory Committee and the Youth Advisory Committee. I am also an active member of the Healthy Food Council and the Poverty and Homelessness Action Team of the Central Okanagan. I represent Kelowna as a director on the Central Okanagan Regional District and as alternate on the Okanagan Regional Library Board.
To find out more about me please visit my website at www.rulesview.blogspot.com or check out my Facebook group "Re-elect Michele Rule to Kelowna City Council"

3) Answers to the following questions

i) Why should Kelowna residents vote for you?

Over the past three years I have served the citizens of Kelowna diligently. In every decision I attempt to balance the three factors that are most important to our quality of life - economic, environmental and social. I will continue to work hard to be an effective representative by being accessible and approachable.

ii) What is your position on downtown revitalization (the CD Zone)?

I am awaiting the public hearing before making a final decision on the CD Zone. I have some concerns with the plans as currently presented, including how the CD Zone will impact the remainder of downtown as well as preservation of heritage buildings and inclusion of affordable housing.

iii) What is your position on the Simpson Covenant ruling appeal?

I have continuosly supported the spirit and intent of the Simpson Covenant. I do not support an appeal of the judge's ruling that a charitable trust exists. I am please that the courts have indicated a willingness to work with the city to determine the parameters of the trust in order to best serve the citizens of Kelowna.

iv) What is your vision for Kelowna?

I see a diverse, inclusive and safe community with opportunies for all of its citizens to succeed. I see a community where the environment is protected and long-term plans have sustainability at their core. I see a community where people live, work and play together with mutual respect and where all people have an opportunity to be heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home